- When you unarchive messages on
facebook messengeryou bring them back to your main inbox.
- Archiving a message in Messenger will hide it from your main inbox, which means you can retrieve it later if you want to continue the conversation.
- You can archive and unarchive messages in Messenger in a few simple steps.
Many of us have taken Marie Kondo’s philosophy to heart: if it doesn’t spark joy, get rid of it.
However, in our zeal to make things disappear, we can sweep away messages that we would otherwise have had to cling to.
While you’re largely unlucky when it comes to throwing your stuff away, Facebook is much more forgiving. You have the option to “archive” a Facebook message before sending it to the digital landfill.
And since archived messages in Facebook Messenger don’t disappear forever, you can unarchive them if you want.
How to Archive Messages on Messenger
1. Open Facebook Messenger in your favorite desktop browser on your PC or Mac computer.
2. Hover over the message you want to archive and click the three dots on the right.
3. Select Archive chat to hide the message from your primary inbox.
How to unarchive messages on Messenger
1. Click on the three dots in Facebook Messenger To discuss the window.
- To select Archived chats.
3. Click on the message you want to unarchive and reply or react to it to send it back to your main inbox.