Video call

Husband kills himself during video call after wife refuses to attend reception at aunt’s house

A man killed himself during a video call with his wife after she refused to attend a reception at her aunt’s house, according to reports.

The shocking incident took place in Pahadi Shareef, a village on the outskirts of Hyderabad, India on Sunday, August 14.

According to the police, Sai Kartik Goud and his wife Ravali, both residents of Tukkuguda – a municipality in Rangareddy district of Telangana, had traveled to Begumpet to attend a wedding at his relatives’ home on Friday August 12.

Kartik returned to his hometown on Saturday while Ravali remained, police said.

On Sunday, Goud called his wife on the phone and asked her to come home so they could attend the Bonalu festival at her aunt’s house in Meerpet.

However, Goud was disappointed when Ravali rejected his request and refused to attend the ceremony, police sources told local media.

He called her by video later and expressed his anger at her refusal, wondering why she never attended receptions at his relatives’ house when he attended all receptions at his relatives’ house, according to reports.

During the argument, Goud tied a noose around his neck and hung himself to death.

Ravali, who watched helplessly as her husband died, was in shock, according to reports. She came to her senses and immediately alerted their neighbors to come to her house and watch her husband.

Neighbors broke down the front door, only to find Goud’s lifeless body hanging from the ceiling fan in the bedroom.

The body was lowered from the noose and sent to the medical examiner’s office, where an autopsy will confirm the exact cause of death.

A case of unnatural death has been recorded and further investigation is underway, police said.

LT reported a similar incident when a man allegedly committed suicide after his parents denied him permission to celebrate his birthday in a big way.

The deceased man, identified only as Lokesh, a 21-year-old medical student who was studying his third year at Jalalabad University in Kyrgyzstan, is believed to have returned to his hometown in Virudhunagar, Tamil Nadu, India to visit his parents for vacation.

With his birthday approaching, Lokesh reportedly plans to celebrate this special day in a grand way and asks his parents to make arrangements for the event.

However, her parents rebuffed her requests. After that, a heated argument broke out between Lokesh and his parents, with his mother telling him that his birthday celebrations this year would be simple.

Lokesh, who was heartbroken after hearing this, reportedly became upset and later that night consumed a large number of sleeping pills.

The family later found Lokesh unconscious inside their residence and rushed him to hospital, where he succumbed to his condition on Wednesday, August 10.

Suicide is not an option. (image: johnhain/pixabay)