Do you often use WhatsApp to make a video call (or a voice call) with your friends, family, or maybe even co-workers? If yes, you might also have felt the need to record that WhatsApp call at some point for the purpose of capturing the memories or saving an important chat for future reference. Unfortunately, the Meta-owned instant messaging platform does not natively support the video (or voice) call recording feature. But do not worry ! There are a few workarounds for this. Keep reading to know how you can record WhatsApp video calls with audio on your Android or iOS mobile phone.
Warning: Recording phone calls is not necessarily legal or ethical. So be sure to ask permission from the person(s) on the other end of the call before recording.
WhatsApp video call recording with audio
Undoubtedly, the best way to record WhatsApp video call with audio is to use the built-in screen recording function available on most iPhones and some Android devices. If your smartphone does not come with it, you will have to use a third-party screen recording app which is compatible with your respective device.
How to Save WhatsApp Video Call Recording on Android
If you are an Android phone user, you need a capable screen recording app – either native or third-party – to record WhatsApp video call.
Using the phone’s built-in screen recorder
The latest mobile phones with Android 10 and above come with an inbuilt screen recorder. All you have to do is follow this simple 3-step process:
- Open your phone’s screen recorder from the dashboard or quick settings menu.
- Tap the Settings icon and under sound source, select the option to record screen with microphone sound.
- Press the record button before making the WhatsApp video call (or during) and stop it when you’re done.
Using a third-party screen recording app
If your smartphone runs Android or doesn’t come with a built-in screen recorder, you don’t have to worry. You can download a third-party screen recording app like XRecorder or AZ Screen Recorder from the Google Play Store and install it on your Android device to get a recording of your WhatsApp video call. Here’s how:
- Once you have installed the screen recording app on your phone, open it and grant all necessary permissions like camera, microphone, etc.
- Choose from the recording options and press the red button to start screen recording.
- Now go to WhatsApp and make the video call. You can stop recording during or after the call as you wish.
To note: If you are using a screen recording app, you may find that your recorded video call has no sound since Google has banned all third-party apps from recording calls.
Read also : Call recording: how to record a call on Xiaomi, Realme, Samsung, OnePlus and other smartphones without third-party apps
How to Record WhatsApp Video Call on iPhone
For iPhone users, it is quite easy and simple to record WhatsApp video call since Apple added the inbuilt screen recording feature in all its devices with iOS 11 and above. No third-party app needed! Just follow the steps below to use this iPhone feature:
- Swipe down on your iPhone home screen to access the screen recording feature from control center. If you can’t find the option, go to Settings > Control Center and add Screen Recording to the list of active controls.
- Tap the screen recording icon. It will take 3 seconds for the screen recording button to turn red, indicating that recording has started.
- Now launch WhatsApp and make the video call you want to record. Once you have finished the call, press the button again to stop recording.
To note: Please make sure the microphone is on and the call volume is set to maximum in order to record the best audio quality.
Where can I find WhatsApp video call recordings?
If you use the built-in screen recording feature, your WhatsApp video call recording will be saved to Photos if you’re using an iPhone and to Gallery for Android users, by default. To access third-party app recordings, open the app and you will find the file listed there.
Can you record WhatsApp call on desktop?
Just like a mobile phone, you can easily record WhatsApp video calls with audio on Windows and macOS PCs and laptops. All you need is a good screen recording tool.
How to record WhatsApp voice calls?
Many call recording apps are available on the Google Play Store. However, Google has banned all of these apps from recording internal audio. For people using the latest Android phones and iOS devices with iOS 11 and later, the best way to record a WhatsApp voice call is simply to use the built-in screen recording feature.